Training visa (subclass 407)
How Training Visa 407 Helps?
A training visa allows you to visit Australia and participate in an occupational training or professional development Stream
This visa allows you to:
Take part in workplace-based training to enhance your skills in your current occupation, area of tertiary study, field of expertise
Participate in a professional development training programme in Australia.
- Be nominated (unless your sponsor is a Commonwealth Government agency)
- Be invited (if your sponsor is a Commonwealth Government agency) Usually be at least 18 years of age
- Functional English language, you must provide evidence that you have functional English language skills to undertake the training. (eg. 4.5 IELTS)
- Financial support, you might be asked to provide evidence that you can financially support yourself and your accompanying family members while in Australia.
Visa Duration (Length of stay)
From 6 months Up to 2 years
Benefits of the visa
The training visa subclass 407 allows you to:
- Apply for the visa both onshore and offshore
- Live in Australia for up to 2 years and complete the training specified in your application Leave and re-enter Australia frequently till the visa is valid
- Bring eligible family members to accompany you in Australia (Family members who are granted a visa to join you in Australia can work as per their visa conditions.)
- Bring eligible family members including your or your partner's dependent child/ren you must have an evidence to support a claimed family relationship. You must also have a written statementincluding an approval from your sponsor to sponsor your family members
While you are in Australia, you and your family must:
- Comply with Australian laws, including all the requirements and conditions of your visa
- Leave Australia before your granted period of stay ends and your visa expires Maintain adequate health insurance.
- Not have an outstanding public health debt while in Australia including the cost of any health related services
- Received in Australia. This does not include health costs otherwise covered, such as by health insurance, Medicare (if eligible), or treatment for certain community health risks such as tuberculosis. If you incur a debt that is left unpaid, your visa eligibility may be affected.
As an occupational trainee, you must:
Participate fully in the occupational training or professional development programme you were nominated for (you cannot stop participating) Not do any work, other than in relation to your approved training programme
Not become unemployed, leave your training to work for someone else, or work for someone else in a second jobNot do any other activities that could affect your participation in the training programme
Tell your sponsor if your personal circumstances change, such as if you cannot continue the training
Tell your sponsor if you have any concerns about the training programme.
How to Apply
Documents required from the Applicant translated in English:
- 1- Detailed resume showing the applicant's employment history and current employment (position and job description/Duties)
- 2- Evidence (e.g. employer letter on letterhead) to show that the applicant has been working for 12 months in the last two years in his field of expertise
- 2- Passport copy (pdf)
- 3- Copies of all the applicant's qualifications including the transcript results (pdf)
- 4- Functional English equivalent to IELTS result (minimum 4.5 is acceptable for the visa 407)
- 5- Complete New Era Institute application form
Questions to be answered by the applicant:
- 1- What is your current occupation?
- 2- Have you been in Australia before? If yes, please send the copy of the expired visa.
- 3- Have you ever been rejected by the department of Immigration in Australia? If yes, what visa have you applied for? And what was the reason of rejection?
- 4- Copy of the rejection notification is required
Once we receive all the above information and documents, New Era Institute will assess the applications and get back to you.
Assessment process - if the application is accepted by New Era Institute then we issue the invoice for payment as follows:
- New Era Institute fee for the main applicant for one year: $12,500 ($1500 is non - refundable)
- Other charges e.g. migration agent fee and DIBP visa application and OSHC are not included.
- (Migration Agent Fee= $3000 + Nomination Charges = $170 + Visa application=$280
(extra charge for family members)
After receiving the full fee, New Era Institute will nominate, develop and provide the training plan program customized for the applicant including the training needs analysis to be lodged by the migration agent for the visa application process.
The Structure of the professional development training sessions:
The applicant is required to attend a minimum of 30 hours per week.