- Location:Central Europe
- Capital: Bratislava
- Area: 48, 845 sq km
- Language: Slovak
- Currency: Euro
- Religion: 85% Slovak, 10% Hungarian, 3% Roma
- Weather: Min -20oC, to Max +37oc
About Comenius University
Comenius University Faculty of Medicine founded in 1919 is one of the oldest and most prestigious faculties of the Comenius University. It was the first Faculty of Medicine in Slovakia. The main aim of CUFM is pedagogical and educational process, scientific and research activities and curative and preventive treatment. CUFM prepared over 17.000 physicians who are either from Slovakia, or from other Europian states, Asia, Africa and America. Demanding aims of the Faculty are provided by institutes, hospitals, special facilities with close cooperation with teaching hospitals and further health-service institutions.
About the course:
Currently the Comenius University Faculty of Medicine offers two main undergraduate study programmes: General Medicine and Dentistry both in 6 year day-time doctoral study in Slovak or in English languages. No external undergraduate doctoral programmes are offered.
The standard course of study lasts six years (12 semesters). Each academic year starts in September and lasts till the end of August of the following year. The academic year is divided into two semesters, winter semester (spread over September till February) and summer semester (spread over February till August).
After passing the state examination the graduate is conferred the degree MU Dr. Medicinae universae doctor (Doctor of Medicine) and MDDr. Medicinae Dentale Doctor (Doctor of Dentistry) respectively.
Since the academic year 2001/2002 the credit system has been introduced that is compatible with the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS).
First to third year's courses provide theoretical and pre-clinical lectures, labs and practical classes, the remainder of the fourth and sixth years include diverse clinical experiences.
Entrance examination and addmission process:
Qualified graduates of established High School or Colleges are eligible for taking Entrance Examination to the first year of the medical study at Comenius University Faculty of Medicine.
The test is in the written form in English language and consists 100 questions from Biology and 100 questions from Chemistry. Test questions will be chosen randomly by the computer and the set of questions (in the envelope) will be distributed randomly to the applicants. The examination answer sheet will be scaned and evaluated by the computer at CUFM avoiding any personal interference during evaluation. We would like to remind you that the acceptance to the studies at Comenius University Faculty of Medicine is conditioned by successful passing of the entrance examinations.
The revision booklet for the applicants of General Medicine and Dentistry studies at Comenius University Faculty of Medicine in Bratislava contains 500 biology example questions and the 500 chemistry example questions that are recommended to revise for meeting the Entrance Examination requirements.
Needed documents for registration for entrance examination:
- 1) Photocopy of the applicant's passport (first page only).
- 2) High School Certificate. The school report should include all grades obtained during your studies. High school certificates must be apostalized (applicants will receive further instructions once the registration process has been initiated)
- 4) Certificate of Vaccination Against Hepatitis B. In accordance with the regulations of the Faculty of Medicine at Comenius University, Bratislava, regarding health safety and protection (Article 38-2), students must undergo obligatory vaccination against Hepatitis B. (first page only)
- 5) Six (6) Passport-sized Photos. For more information about registering for an entrance exam, choose the How To Apply button and complete the instructions.
We accept original documents in Spanish, Greek, German, and Dutch languages; all other documents need to be translated into English before submission.