Study MBBS in Nepal
Students who wish to pursue their MBBS in abroad are giving much attention towards Nepal as it is one of the best places to study MBBS.
To teach and share information concerning to medical studies, there are some medical colleges which are fully equipped with all the required facilities and they are top medical colleges in Nepal.
Nepal medical universities have excellent infrastructure and state of the art facilities. The duration of MBBS course in Nepal is 6 years including internship like in India.
It is completely worth to study MBBS in Nepal with top MCI approved medical universities or schools with low tuition fee structure and without any donation.
In Nepal, MBBS course duration is five and half years. The first four and half years of MBBS course are dedicated to theoretical study of Basic sciences and clinical sciences, and one year of internship.
After completing MBBS course successfully, Indian students are awarded Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) degree. Studying medicine in Nepal also has scope of elective study and also offers options of placement on completing the course.
Complete information about MBBS in Nepal
MBBS in Nepal - Quick Highlights
|Last Date to Apply||August, 2020|
|Basic Eligibility||60% in PCB and NEET Qualification|
|NEET Entrance Test||Yes, it is compulsory|
|Minimum Course Fee||Rs. 8.10 Lakhs/ Year|
|Maximum Course Fee||Rs. 9.50 Lakhs/ Year|
|Cost of living in Nepal||Rs. 5-10 Thousand/Month|
|Course Duration||6 years including internship|
|Medium of Teaching||Nepali and English|
|Universities Recognition||MCI, WHO and UNESCO Recognized|
|Top Medical University||KIST Medical College|
MBBS in Nepal: Fee Structure 2020
Following are the MCI approved medical universities with their approx fee structure in Rupees.
|Name of the Universities||College Fee||Hostel Fee||Total|
|KIST Medical College||Rs. 42,00,000||Rs. 6,00,000||Rs. 48,00,000|
|Institute of Medicine, Kathmandu||Rs. 38,50,000||RS. 6,60,000||Rs. 45,10,000|
|B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences||Rs. 48,00,000||Rs. 6,60,000||Rs. 54,60,000|
|Kathmandu University||Rs. 55,00,000||Rs. 6,00,000||Rs. 61,00,000|
|Patan Academy of Health Sciences||Rs. 30,00,000||Rs. 6,60,000||Rs. 36,60,000|
|U. Manipal Academy||Rs. 50,00,000||Rs. 6,60,000||Rs. 56,60,000|
|U. Tribhuvan||Rs. 46,00,000||Rs. 6,00,000||Rs. 52,00,000|
Note: All the amounts mentioned above are supposed to change as per the rate of currency and university policies. For calculation purpose 1$= Rs. 70.
Top of Form
Bottom of Form
Benefits of Studying MBBS in Nepal for Indian Students
- Low tuition feestructure for MBBS in Nepal.
- Free educationin some universities for international students.
- Get high quality educationduring MBBS in Nepal.
- A beautiful country to explore.
- Students from all over the world come to study medicine in Nepal.
- Mostly, all the best medical universities in Nepal are recognized by MCI and WHO.
- Students can work after completing the course of MBBS in Nepal.
- In Nepal, English is understood by the people and hence it can be used as a language for study or communication and thus dialect is not a problem in the country.
- Affordable living expensesduring MBBS in Nepal.
- Chances of students getting admission to MBBS universities in Nepal would increase only if they prepare themselves accordingly
8 Reasons to Study Medicine in Nepal
- No donation and capitation fees to take MBBS admission in Nepal
- No IELTS and TOEFL is required.
- No visa required to study MBBS in Nepal.
- Globally recognized degree.
- Affordable fee structure.
- Excellent environment and culture.
- High quality education.
- MCI approved colleges.
Course Duration of MBBS in Nepal
- The total duration of this MBBS course is same as in India, that is, 4.5 years with 1 year of internship, which you can do it anywhere either in India or Nepal.
- For MS and MD course it is 3 years. For Ph.D. the duration is 2 years.
MBBS in Nepal - Is it Safe for Indian Students?
- Nepal is an extremely safeand female dominating country.
- Students who have gone to Nepal for MBBS studies can safely travel there using public transport like buses, trains or cabs without any fear or worries as there is no crime in the country.
- The majority of the population of Nepal practice Christianity and are God loving. People of Nepal are also very welcoming and accept religious and cultural diversities.
Syllabus of MBBS Course in Nepal
There are overall 9 semesters in the MBBS course in Nepal for the duration of 4 and a half years. Students will have to complete one year of compulsory rotating internship either in Nanjing medical university or in their home country after the successful completion of 9 semesters.
Following are the two parts in which the complete MBBS course is divided:
- Integrated teaching of basic medical subjects can be done in first four semesters.
- Next five semesters are devoted to the clinical subjects.
In the first part, the subjects taught would be-
In the second part the subjects taught would be-
|Obstetrics and Gynecology||Ophthalmology||Radiology||Skin and VD|
|Toxicology||Psychiatry and forensic medicine||-||-|
At the end of fourth semester the students shall be examined in Pharmacology, Pathology and Microbiology and would not be permitted to be promoted to fifth semester unless they are declared successful in all the three subjects as well as in Anatomy, Physiology and Biochemistry.
After passing the above subjects the students shall have a vacation of one month during which they would be taken to field visits in Kathmandu for the purpose of fulfilling the requirements of community medicine. Community medicine shall continue in 5th semester at the end of which examination shall be held.
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS in Nepal
Below are the few elligibility criteria one should perfectly fit to study MBBS in Nepal:
- Candidates whose age is 17 or more than 17 years at the time of their applications are eligible to apply for the MBBS program at Hebei Medical university if they fulfill the following criteria.
- Students who have completed their 12th exam with English, Biology, Physics and Chemistry as main subjects and having secured not less than 50% marks in the above mentioned subjects plus an overall aggregate of 50%.
Admission Process for MBBS in Nepal
- Medical council of India dispenses an Eligibility certificate which students need to submit for enrolling to MBBS course.
- International students have to go through a selection test and based on its results, they will be admitted to different universities. Students would have to undergo a rigorous interview process and upon completion of which they can register with the respective university. Aptitude and scores of the students will decide which students will get selected.
- Students should be minimum of 17 years of age in order to get admission to the MBBS course. Though different medical schools have different criteria, but mostly it is compulsory to complete secondary education with subjects like English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- You need to score minimum of 50% in these subjects.
- Documents that need to be submitted are a copy of the school certificate examination and a copy of the marksheet. Students need to submit recent photographs and a medical certificate too to the respective medical school along with a copy of passport.
Required Document for Visa to Nepal
- Age Certificate -which may be a high school leaving certificate or similar other document with the date of birth of the candidate clearly mentioned and duly signed by the Head of Institute last studied.
- Conduct Certificate -which should be duly signed by the Head of Institute last studied along with photocopies.
- Nationality Certificate - it may be the photocopy of your passport or identity card or citizenship card issued by a competent authority.
- Marksheets, Transfer certificate, and Migration Certificates.
- A self addressed envelope for sending acknowledgement card.
- Students must be careful not to submit original copies, as the admission authority is not responsible for returning them. Originals are required only at the time of admission.
- Interview letters : Based on the application form, and upon found satisfactory by the admission authority, interview letters will be dispatched. Students must carry this invitation letter along with them for admission.
Climate Condition in Nepal
- Nepal has a monsoon climate and has four main seasons, which are June-September, October-December, January-March, and April-June.
- In Kathmandu, Pokhara and Chitwan climate mostly differs but the season changes are the same everywhere.
- From January till March, it is called the cold season with temperatures around 10 degrees celsius.
- One can visit a local host for a traditional home-cooked Nepalese dinner in order to warm up your body and soul.
- The best season to visit Nepal is between April and June when it is dry and warm weather there.
Accommodation Facilities during MBBS in Nepal
- Separate hostel accommodation is available for boys and girls.
- All students should reside in the hostel except those who are permitted to reside with parents or guardian or relatives with permission of the parents.
- Student get free Wi-fi facilities at hostel (24*7)
- Federal Democratic Republic of Nepal for MBBS in Nepal is a sovereign country located in the Himalayas.
- The mountain range, in the north part of the country, has eight tallest mountains in the world, including that of Mount Everest.
- The birthplace of Lord Buddha that is Lumbini also lies in this region.
- This is considered to be one of the most famous pilgrimage spots in the world.
- The capital of the country is Kathmandu. It is known for its multi-ethnicity and multi-cultural background.