Study MBBS in Philippines
Nowadays, MBBS in Philippines is become the best destination for Indian students to study course of medicine.
More than 9000 students come from foreign countries like USA, UK, Germany, Ukraine & India to study MBBS in Philippines. Almost, all top MCI & WHO approved medical universities in Philippines follows US education system.
It offer the students to have a brighter career opportunities after completion of MBBS from Philippines.
It provides the ideal mix of theoretical and practical education which empowers the aspirants to become successful practitioner. The medicinal course offer to students in Philippines is known as the MD program [Doctor of Medicine].
The number of Indian students keep increasing with the dream to study MBBS in abroad. Philippines have the very great reputation and they are known to convey the medicinal training of magnificence.
The medical colleges in Philippines is offering a low tuition fees structure for Indian students with high quality of education, as it is the worth for your money.
The best medical universities are approved by the MCI and also listed in World Health Organization (WHO) Geneva, FAIMER etc. Most of the medical students from Philippines get opportunities to work in power nation countries, if they have successfully finished the medical course.
Complete information about MBBS in Philippines
MBBS in Philippines - An Overview
|Last Date to Apply||July, 2020|
|Basic Eligibility||50% in PCB for General Category
40% for SC/ST Category
|NEET Exam||Yes, it is compulsory|
|IELTS & TOEFL||Not Required|
|Minimum Course Fee||Rs.2.27 Lakhs/Year|
|Maximum Course Fee||Rs.6 Lakhs/Year|
|Cost of Living in Philippines||Rs.7-10 Thousand/Month|
|Course Duration||5+1 (Internship)|
|Medium of Teaching||English Language|
|Universities Recognition||MCI, WHO, ECFMG & WFME|
|Top Medical Universities||Fatima Medical Colleges (OLFU - Medicine)|
MBBS in Philippines: Fee Structure 2020
The detailed fee structure for the Philippines MCI approved Universities
|Name of the Universities||Tuition Fee (for 2 Years BS Course)||Tuition Fee (for 4 Years MD Course)||Total of 5.5/6 Years Course Cost|
|University of Santo Tomas||Rs. 4,20,000/-||Rs. 10,50,000/-||Rs. 14,70,000/-|
|Emilio Aguinaldo College, Manila||Rs. 5,60,000/-||Rs. 15,12,000/-||Rs. 20,72,000/-|
|AMA School of Medicine||Rs. 7,00,000/-||Rs. 10,50,000/-||Rs. 17,50,000/-|
|University of Northern Philippines||Rs. 3,50,000/-||Rs. 7,28,000/-||Rs. 10,78,000/-|
|Cagayan State University Tuguegarao||Rs. 2,73,000/- + Rs. 70,000/-||Rs. 7,28,000/-||Rs. 10,71,000/-|
|Davao Medical School Foundation||Rs. 7,00,000/-||Rs. 14,28,000/-||Rs. 21,28,000/-|
|St. Paul University, Philippines||Rs. 5,59,000/-||Rs. 12,60,000/-||Rs. 18,19,000/-|
|Ago Medical & Educational Center, Bicol Christian College of Medicine||Rs. 3,00,000/-||Rs. 9,60,000/-||Rs. 12,60,000/-|
|UV Gullas College of Medicine||Rs. 6,65,000/-||Rs. 11,20,000/-||Rs. 17,85,000/-|
Note: All the amounts mentioned above are supposed to change as per the rate of currency and university policies. For calculation purpose 1$= Rs. 70 .
Courses Offered by the Philippines Medical Universities
Following are the medicine courses offered in medical universities of Philippines:
MBBS in Philippines: Intake for 2020
|Application Start Date||March 2020|
|Last Date of Application||June/July 2020|
|Course Commences From||September/October 2020|
Benefits of Studying MBBS in Philippines (Indian Students)
Studying MBBS in Philippines come with numerous benefits. Lets see what are those
- MBBS in Philippinesis affordable & also the cost of living for Indian student.
- Philippines is the best destination for MBBS study with high quality of education.
- MBBS in Philippines is fully taught in English language.
- Not necessary to learn any new language to study in Philippines.
- Every Philippines medical universities follow the US pattern of educationwhich directly helps the students who desire to give USMLE exam.
- Higher FMGE passing percentagethan Ukraine, China, Russia, Nepal, Kyrgyzstan & Germany (2016-17).
- In Philippines, One of the most noteworthy MCI Screening Test passing.
- Direct MBBS admission in Philippines with best medical universities.
- All top medical universities in Philippines are recognized by- WHO, MCI, ECFMG & WFME
- MBBS degree from Philippines are globally recognized.
- No donationand capitation fees to take MBBS admission in Philippines.
- IELTS & TOEFL examis not required.
Syllabus of MD Program at the Philippines Universities
Syllabus for Pre-Medical
|First Term||Second Term||Third Term||Fourth Term|
|Calculus & Analytical||Plant Physiology||Ecology||Rizal's Life, Works, and Writings|
|Geometry||Fundamentals of Genetics||Education for sustainable||Econ. / Taxation & Agrarian Reform|
|Biochemistry||Animal Physiology||Development||Human Genetic|
|Plant Morpho-anatomy||Entomology||Research Methodology||Radiation Biology|
|Comparative Vertebrate Anatomy||Freshwater Biology||Systematic Biology||Histology & Micro-technique|
|General Psychology||General Microbiology||Cell and Molecular Biology||Research in Bio. Sc. (Thesis Writing)Immunology|
|Parasitology||Philosophy of Man||Comparative Religion||-|
|Plant Morpho-anatomy||Developmental Biology||Politics and Governance||-|
MBBS (MD) Syllabus
|First Term||Second Term||Third Term||Fourth Term|
|History of Medicine||Microbiology||Radiology||Obstetrics and Gynecology|
|Preventive and Communicative||Pharmacology||Neuroscience-3||-|
|-||Psychiatry||Obstetrics and Gynecology||-|
Recognition of Medical Universities in Philippines
If you have decided to take a admission in MBBS in top medical universities of Philippines, then it is the best decision you have ever taken for your bright career. The top medical universities or a medical degree in Philippines are recognized by
- Medical Council of India (MCI)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG)
- Foundation of Advancement of International Medical Education & Research (FAIMER)
- World Federation for Medical Education (WFME)
Top 7 Reasons to Study MBBS in Philippines
- Philippines is the 3rd largestenglish speaking country. So, there will be no language barrier to communicate with the local person.
- Every kind of Indian food is availablein Philippines at low cost.
- Environment and culture are very friendly.
- Focus on developing the practical skills& knowledge of students.
- Problem-based learning methodology
- Students can apply for USMLE and go to the USA for medical practice.
- It has campus accommodation with Indian food.
- MBBS in Philippines would give you an internationally recognized Medical degree.
Course Duration of MBBS (MD) in Philippines
- The total course duration in Philippines is of 6 years(including 1 year internship).
- MBBS course in Philippines is called as BS-MD.
- The initial 16 months of MBBS course will center around bachelor of science program which builds up a solid establishment for medical education.
- Next 4 years of study is fully associated to study medicine and clinical subjects. At the end of program, students undergo the clinical rotations where they get an opportunity to work for selected hospital departments and under the supervision of senior doctors, they can practice and learn about medicines while treating the patients.
Philippines Medical Colleges - Ranking 2020
According to Ranking Web of Universities, ranking of top MCI approved Philippines Medical universities are as below:
|No.||Name of the Universities||National Ranking||World Ranking|
|1||University of Santo Tomas||7||3227|
|2||Angeles University Foundation||65||13544|
|3||Manila Central University||94||16236|
|4||University of Northern Philippines||98||16501|
|5||Cagayan State University Tuguegarao (Craig)||104||16886|
|6||Cebu Institute of Medicine||117||20472|
|7||Davao Medical School Foundation||128||17935|
|8||St. Paul University, Philippines||130||18025|
|9||Lyceum Northwestern University||163||19813|
|10||Emilio Aguinaldo College, Manila||225||23347|
|11||Ago Medical & Educational Center,
Bicol Christian College of Medicine
|12||UV Gullas College of Medicine||268||28141|
|13||AMA School of Medicine||NA||NA|
MBBS in Philippines - Is it Safe for Indian Students?
- Philippines is an ideal destination to study MBBS for Indian students.
- Philippines is truly safe & securecountry for living. Also their government ensures the other students who come to study Medicine Program in Philippines.
After Completing MBBS from Philippines
- USA alternative will open for you. Philippines will likewise give you adequate of employment opportunities during and after the fulfillment of MBBS degree in Philippines. You can acquire more than some other nation in the wake of finishing medicinal education in Philippines.
- You can enroll for the post graduation or hospital management courses.
- You can pick for clinical research jobs or begin for clinical practice.
- One can enroll in master of health service, master of administration in Philippines or master of public health.
- You can come back to India and begin working as practitioner by passing the MCI screening exam.
MBBS in Philippines Eligibility 2020
The eligibility criteria decided by MBBS colleges or schools in Philippines are very moderate. If your details are complying with the below specific criteria, then you are eligible to get an affirmation for MBBS in Philippines.
- The student’s age must be 17 years or abovecompleted before 31st December.
- For general category, student must cleared 12th science with a 50% aggregate of PCB.
- For SC/ST and OBC, student must cleared 12th science with 40% aggregate of PCB.
Admission Procedure for MBBS in Philippines
We will assist the students at every steps to fulfill the dream of students
Step 1 Initially, fill the application form.
Step 2 Besides, submit the soft copies of your passport, and other vital documents.
Step 3 Thirdly, collect the admission letter from the university.
Step 4 After the confirmation of admission, the immigration procedure shall be started.
Step 5 Visit the Philippines Embassy in Delhi after receiving the invitation letter.
Step 6 Finally, check, evaluate and verify each and every document before applying for a visa.
Required Documents to take MBBS Admission in Philippines
Following documents must be ready with the applicant to study in any medical colleges of Philippines:
- Valid Passport
- Application form for student visa
- 3 passport size photo of students
- Medical health certificate of the students
- NOA (Original Notice of Acceptance)
- CEA (Police Clearance Certificate authenticated by the Philippine Embassy)
- Visa Fee
- Philippines is an island country which is located in the western pacific ocean. Philippines was a colony of USA for around 50 years and thus the country follows the American country of education.
- Manila is the capital of it which is famous for its waterfront and centuries-old Chinatown.
- Philippines is a founding member of the United Nations, World Trade Organization, Association of Southeast Asian Nations, the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation forum, and the East Asia Summit.
- The country also hosts the headquarters of Asian Development Bank. The Philippines has shown a great transition in economy from agriculture to the one with services and manufacturing.
- In addition to membership in the United Nations, the Philippines is also founder and active member of ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations)
The climate condition in Philippines is almost similar to India. Although, the climate either be tropical rainforest, tropical savanna or tropical monsoon, or humid subtropical. The maximum temperature in summer goes up to 25-30 degree Celsius.
Accommodation Facility in Philippines for Indian Students
- Philippines medical universities offer hostel facilities to international students.
- Hostel areas are fully monitored by CCTV camera for the students.
- Hostels are completely outfitted and furnished with beds, fans, cooling system, couch, feasting table, microwave and many more.
- On the off chance you need, you will likewise be allowed to remain at a convenience of their decision, however that is permitted just after the 1st semester.
Indian Food Availability
- Indian students will get complete different varieties of healthy and hygienic Indian food from any medical universities canteens like of Gujarati, Punjabi, South Indian & many more.
- If Indian students wants to eat Indian food in Philippines outside the universities canteens, they can get the Indian food very easily by exploring the beautiful country.