Study MBBS in Russia
Studying MBBS in Russia is almost substantial for students who want to pursue Medicine in Europe. From the 16th century, the history of Medical Science in Russia rated as top position compared to other countries.
At studying Russian Universities, Russian Government subsidized the Medical Education for international students by 50% of actual education.
The first hospital and first Medical School was initially established in Russia, in the year of 1706 & 1707. MBBS in Russia is almost one of the top destination for Medical Students with a great lifestyle.
Out of top 100 Medical Universities in Worldwide, there are 30 Medical universities from Russia providing quality Medical Education. Studying MBBS in Russia is cheaper than the other part of Europe. The Russian country provides affordable accommodation and Well structured curriculum for Medical Students.
The MBBS Course Fee in Russia is not like that much different for international students and Russian Citizens. But in Europe, there is a higher fee for foreign students.
The MBBS admissions in Russia is increasing drastically due to the flow of students to Russia. The admission process for studying MBBS in Russia is easy and significant.
The degrees awarded to students after completion of Medicine course in Russia is M.D (Physician), which is equivalent to MBBS in India. Therefore, the Russian Medical Universities become a Global Educational Hub for Medicine.
Complete information about MBBS in Russia
MBBS in Russia - Quick Highlights
|Last Date to Apply||March, 2020|
|Basic Eligibility||10+2 passed with an aggregate of 50% in PCB for general category (40% for reserved category)|
|NEET Entrance Test||Yes, it is compulsory|
|IELTS & TOEFL||Not required|
|Minimum Course Fee||$ 5,400 USD/Year|
|Maximum Course Fee||$ 9,000 USD/Year|
|Cost of Living in Russia||$ 200 USD/Month|
|Course Duration||7 Year (Including Internship)|
|Medium of Teaching||English Language|
|Universities Recognition||MCI & WHO-accredited|
|Admission Process Span||40 to 45 days|
MBBS in Russia: Fee Structure 2020
Russia’s top MCI approved medical universities and their fee structure
|Name of the universities||Tuition fees||Hostel fees||Annual fees|
|Bashkir State Medical University||Rs. 2,45,000||Rs. 70,000||Rs. 3,15,000|
|Crimea Federal Medical University||Rs. 2,59,000||Rs. 77,000||Rs. 3,36,000|
|Ryazan State Medical University||Rs. 3,15,000||Rs. 35,000||Rs. 3,50,000|
|Perm State Medical University||Rs. 3,15,000||Rs. 70,000||Rs. 3,85,000|
|Smolensk State Medical University||Rs. 3,85,000||Rs. 40,000||Rs. 4,25,000|
|Saint Petersburg State Medical University||Rs. 3,85,000||Rs. 1,12,000||Rs. 4,97,000|
|Orenburg State Medical University||Rs. 4,20,000||Rs. 84,000||Rs. 5,04,000|
|Kazan State Medical University||Rs. 4,37,500||Rs. 84,000||Rs. 5,21,500|
|Tver State Medical University||Rs. 4,48,000||Rs. 24,500||Rs. 4,72,500|
|Kursk State Medical University||Rs. 4,58,500||Rs. 77,000||Rs. 5,35,500|
|Peoples Friendship University||Rs. 4,90,000||Rs. 84,000||Rs. 5,74,000|
|First Moscow State Medical University||Rs. 7,00,000||Rs. 1,26,000||Rs. 8,26,000|
Note: All the amounts mentioned above are supposed to change as per the rate of currency and university policies. For calculation purpose 1$= Rs. 70 .
Why MBBS Study in Russia?
Find out what attracts Indian students to choose Russia as a country for study MBBS course:
- Entrance test like IELTS, TOEFL not required.
- Study MBBS in Russia No capitation and donation fee.
- MBBS in Russia is recognized by MCI & WHO.
- High-Rated teaching Standard.
- Low Cost of Living in Russia.
- All the universities are affiliated with the Government of Russia.
- The students can practice in India after applying the MCI Screening Test.
- Availability of regional food, sports facilities, academics for foreign students.
- MBBS in Russia is taught in the English language.
- The Russian Universities are known for well-developed medical faculty, advanced labs, and practical teaching techniques.
- Due to affiliation with world universities, international exposure is provided to medical students.
- Russian universities have dignified faculty members including doctors of science, research analyst, scientists etc.
- Admissions to Russian Medical Universities are simple and convenient.
Top of Form
Apply today for Free Counseling
Bottom of Form
Course Duration for MBBS in Russia
- Course duration of MBBS in Russia is of 7 years including 1 year of clinical internship. So in total, it will take 7 years to complete MBBS Degree from Russia!
- Qualification obtained on completion of the medical course is MD (Doctor of Medicine) which is an equivalent degree to MBBS in India.
Below are the List of Top 10 Medical Universities in Russia
Lomonosov Moscow State University
Saint-Petersburg State University
Orenburg State Medical University
Perm State Medical University
Bashkir State Medical University
Peoples Friendship University
Dagestan State Medical Academy
Crimea Federal University
Tomsk State University
Kursk State Medical University
Comparision between MBBS in Russia & MBBS in India
|MBBS in Russia||MBBS in India|
|In Russia, the cost of studying medicine is comparatively low.||In India, the cost of studying medicine is high.|
|Duration of MBBS course in Russia is 8 years.||Duration of MBBS course in India is 6 years.|
|Entrance test is not required||Entrance test required.|
|Donation not required.||Some colleges take the donation for admissions in medical course.|
|Degree awarded as MD in Medicine.||Degree awarded as MBBS in Medicine.|
MBBS Eligibility in Russia for Indian Students
- There is no entrance examination held for pursuing MBBS Education in Russia. Only the thing is that the candidate should have to clear the NEET entrance test.
- The age of the candidate should be 17 years on or before 31st December of the year of the admission process. The maximum age limit is 25 as on 31st December of the year of the admission process
- The candidates should have an aggregate of 50% in PCB for general Candidates and 40% for reserved category students.
- Before applying for MBBS in abroad, the candidates should have to submit a nationality certificate.
How Can I get MBBS Admission in Russia?
Wanna study MBBS in abroad?? If yes, then Russia is the foremost country for such MBBS aspirants. We, At Select Your University, providing you a significant step for admission Guidelines:
- Step 1: First of all, Choice your University in which you want to study MBBS Education. “Select Your University” providing you some of the highest ranked universities in Russia.
- Step 2: Fill the University Application form with all the required documents.
- Step 3: After reviewing your details regarding Eligibility criteria, documents etc. you will get an invitation letter from corresponding universities.
- Step 4: When you are getting an invitation letter, it means you are eligible for applying for MBBS Course in Russia.
- Step 5: The candidate should have to apply for a student visa in the Russian embassy of the respective country.
- Step 6:The candidates should have to deposit admission fee as per Institute/College Norms.
How many Semester in MBBS Course of Russia?
- In Russian Medical Universities, the academic year starts from September in all Medical Institutions.
- Whereas, the academic year consists of 2 semesters.
- From September to January there is the 1st semester and from February to June, there is the 2nd semester.
- 18 days are assigned for winter vacations and 45 days are assigned for summer vacations.
Is Russia Safe for Indian Medical Students?
- Russian Communities are significantly more secure. Security in public space as well as in vacant place is secured by High Authority Security of Russia.
- It is necessary for foreigners to carry identification certificate like Visa, identity proof etc.
- Russia has been always welcome a Multicultural people. No one can even be done ragging or assaulting someone.
- Being foreigners, you have to keep a strategic distance from terrible sites.
MBBS Admission in Russia - Intake 2020
The total intake timetable for admission to MBBS in Russia is as follows:
|Registration start||April 2020|
|Registration last date||May 2020|
|Admission start||June 2020|
|Admission last date||July 2020|
|Visa Process||July-August 2020|
|Departure||Cost between September 2020|
The Medium of Teaching While Studying MBBS in Russia
Russian universities follow three different types of medium of teaching:
In Russia, there are universities that follow 3 types of the medium of teaching:
Full-time English Course
- There are universities that follow the method of teaching in full-time English language.
- In these universities, the whole course is of 6.8 years including 1 year of internship.
- The whole 6.8 years’ course is taught in the English language.
- This type of course is specially designed for foreign students who don’t know the Russian language.
- The bilingual universities follow the bilingual medium of teaching where half of the course is taught in the English language and the remaining half course is taught in the Russian language.
- To pursue your MBBS in any bilingual university students need to study the Russian language for one year.
- This increases the course duration and the total course takes 7.8 years to complete, including 1 year of internship and 1 year of Russian language teaching.
Full-time Russian Language Course
- The full-time Russian language course duration is the same as the bilingual course. 7.8 years of course including internship and Russian language training.
- The total 7.8 years’ course is taught in the Russian language.
- Students need to be perfect in the Russian language for choosing this medium of teaching for your course.
Education Loan Assistance for Indian Students
Students can get education loan for studying MBBS abroad
- In India, the students are provided with the facilities of education loans to help them to study abroad. The loan process and amount of loan is dependant on many factors.
- The NEET score of the student, university fee, university’s invitation letter, these are some of the main documents that are required.
- The education loan also depends on the student’s parents’ income, wealth, and property.
Note: At ‘Select Your University’ our counselors will help you with every possible way of getting the education loan for MBBS abroad.
PG Options after MBBS in Russia
Following are the PG options after MBBS course completion from Russia:
- Students can opt from a variety of options to pursue their PG courses after completing MBBS from Russian medical universities.
- They can choose to do PG in Russia followed by their MBBS.
- Another option for PG is in India. Students need to clear the MCI screening test and then they can choose from the Indian medical colleges for PG.
- If any student still wants to pursue the PG course abroad, then there are options too. They need to clear the respective screening tests of the countries they want.
Vacations during MBBS in Russia
There are two long holidays in Russia
Russian medical universities follow semester patterns for teaching. So there are two long holidays between semesters in a year.
- The first vacation is summer vacation that is for 2 months, July and August. The next semester will start on September 1st.
- The second vacation is a winter vacation that lasts for around a month. From 15th January to the first week of February.
Note: Students can plan their vacation or visit the home in these two periods of time of the year.
Courses Offered In Russia
There are 9 types of courses offered in Russian medical universities
MBBS Syllabus in Russia (Semester Wise)
Following is the syllabus for MBBS in Russian medical universities:
The syllabus is as follows :
|1st Semester||2nd Semester|
|First-aid in the pre-hospital phase||Anatomy|
|Medical physics and mathematics||Latin language|
|Medical Chemistry||Medical Biology|
|Basic Bioorganic Chemistry||Medical informatics|
|History of Russia||Mineral Metabolism|
|Latin Language||History of Medicine|
|Anatomy||Psychology and Pedagogy|
|Medical Biology||Histology, Embryology, Cytology|
|3rd Semester||4th Semester|
|History of Medicine||Biochemistry|
|Psychology & Pedagogy||Histology, Embryology, Cytology|
|Bioethics||Anatomy of systems of neuro immuno endocrinology|
|Clinical Physiology||Histophysiology of digestive systems|
|Microbiology and Virology||Information technology in medicine|
|Propaedeutics of internal Diseases & Radiodiagnosis||Biochemistry|
|Life safety and disaster medicine|
|5th Semester||6th Semester|
|Propaedeutics of internal Diseases & Radiodiagnosis||Propaedeutics of internal Diseases & Radiodiagnosis|
|Immunology||Topographical Anatomy & Operative Surgery|
|Pathological anatomy||Pathological Anatomy|
|Pathological Physiology||Pathological Physiology|
|General Surgery & Radiodiagnosis||General Surgery & Radiodiagnosis|
|Microbiology and Virology||Topographical Anatomy & Operative Surgery|
|Hygiene||Public Health and Health Care & Economics of Health Care|
|Propaedeutics of internal Diseases & Radiodiagnosis||Elective|
|7th Semester||8th Semester|
|Topographical Anatomy & Operative Surgery||Neurology, Medical Genetics & Neurosurgery|
|Public Health and Health Care & Economics of Health Care||Facultative Therapy & Professional Diseases|
|Clinical Pathological Anatomy||Facultative Surgery & Urology|
|Clinical Pathological Physiology||Obstetrics and Gynecology|
|E. N. T.||Pediatrics|
|Neurology, Medical Genetics & Neurosurgery|
|Facultative Therapy & Professional Diseases|
|Facultative Surgery & Urology|
|Obstetrics and Gynecology|
|9th Semester||10th Semester|
|Obstetrics and Gynecology||Obstetrics and Gynecology|
|Dermatology & Venereology||Infectious Diseases|
|Psychiatry & Medical Psychology||Hospital Surgery & Pediatric Surgery|
|Stomatology||Hospital Therapy & Endocrinology|
|Infectious Diseases||Out-Patient Therapy|
|Hospital Surgery & Pediatric Surgery||Orthopedics & Traumatology|
|Hospital Therapy & Endocrinology|
|11th Semester||12th Semester|
|Hospital Surgery & Pediatric Surgery||Hospital Therapy & Endocrinology|
|Hospital Therapy & Endocrinology||Out-Patient Therapy|
|Orthopedics & Traumatology||Functional Diagnostics in the Clinic of Internal Medicine|
|Epidemiology||Oncology and Radiology|
|Clinical Pharmacology||Clinical Allergology|
|Anesthesiology, Resuscitation & Intensive Therapy|
Food and Accommodation Facility
Following are the facilities that are provided for students in Russian universities.
- There are accommodation facilities for foreign students in Russian medical Universities
- Students are provided with 2-3 beds in a sharing room.
- All the necessary facilities like, bed, blanket, bed sheets, pillows, table, and cupboards are provided by university hostels.
- A common kitchen and washing machine rooms are there for students. Students can cook Indian food there.
- There are messes available which provide Indian foods too.
- Indian restaurants are within walking distance from some universities where students can have their cuisine.
- Apart from this, there are native cuisines and all other countries’ dishes are available to experience the cultural variety of food.
Required Documents for MBBS Admission in Russia
Below are the list of documents required to study MBBS course in Russia :
- 10th Certificate + Mark sheet
- 12th Certificate + Mark sheet
- Passport with minimum 18 months validity.
- Original copy of Birth Certificate in English
- Photo – 10 ( 4.5 x 3.5 cm)
- Invitation letter prescribed by Medical University of Russia
- Authorized documents from the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi.
- Legalization of all documents from the Russian Embassy.
- Visa fees
- Tuition Fee Receipt
- HIV test documents
Follow the Steps to Apply for a Russian Student Visa
- Step 1: After getting an offer letter from the Russian Institute, you need to contact the Embassy of Russia in New Delhi. From there, you can adapt the data required for Student Visa.
- Step 2: Russian Visa Centers are located in New Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai, and Mumbai.
- Step 3: The Final Decision to issue or reject the application totally depends upon Russian Institutions.
- Step 4: The Russian visa Centers collect the application fee as Rs.1150 per application.
- Step 5: The Russian Visa is an extendable visa having a span of 3 months to 1 year. It might be changed as per Russian Authorities.
Ministry of Home Affairs of the Russian Federation
Russian Educational Institute
Scholarships offered to International Students
Russian Government scholarships
Number of state scholarships are awarded to foreign students which includes:
- Free tuition fee
- Student’s Accommodation
- Maintenance Allowance
Russian non-government scholarships
- School of Russian and Asian Studies
- Benjamin Scholarships
- BP in Russia Research Scholarships
- American Council Scholarships
Russian scholarships for international students
- Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology - Scholarship based on superior academic performance
- Saint Petersburg Polytechnic University - Individual Scholarships are available for Master program.
Career Options after Completing MBBS in Russia
- Hospital Management - After completing MBBS from Russia, one can go for a postgraduate course in hospital management. The programme involves the management of hospitals, human resource management, medical billing, health information.
- Research - MBBS graduates can join a number of research organizations for pursuing a job in research-oriented opportunities.
- Government jobs - MBBS doctors can do a job in government as well as private sectors. Programme assigned at a hospital for MBBS graduates are internships, medical practices etc.
- Clinical Practices - Clinical exposure is provided to MBBS graduates.
- USMLE- United State Medical Licensing Examination is required for practice medicine in the United States.
- Specialization - One can choose specialization courses in medicine and can pursue a job with a lucrative salary package.
Russia is the largest country in the world here are some facts about Russia.
- Russia is the biggest developed country in the world. About 17.1 million sq.km areas acquired by Russian Country.
- The country itself occupy the one-eighth area of the earth.
- Rusia is one of the independent nations in Eurasia.
- The Ural Mountains divide the Eurasian continent -Russia into Europe and the USA. Around 77% population is living in European Russia.
- Moscow is the capital of Russia representing Russian culture of Russia.
- Petersberg is the another largest city of Russia which is also named as “Northern Capital”.
- Apart from St. Petersberg Chelyabinsk, Novosibirsk, Yekaterinburg, Ufa, Nizhny Novgorod, and Kazan are primary destinations of Russia.
- Russia is a European country located on the eastern side of Europe.
- Russia has a vast expansion of its territory. Russia has a variety of climate changes differing from very dry summers to very cold winters with snowfalls.
- Russia is a European country located on the eastern side of Europe.
- Russia is covered with 13 seas and part of 2 oceans sharing maritime boundaries with the United States and Japan.
- Russia shares boundaries with China, Mongolia, Kazakhstan, Ukraine, Belarus, and Finland.
|Religion||Christianity Secular State (De jure) Russian Orthodoxy (De facto)|
|Currency||Russian Ruble (RUB)|
|Exchange Rate (as of January 2020)||1Rs.= 0.90 RUB 1RUB = 1.11 Rs.|
|Climate||The climate of Russia is highly continental influenced. Summers are dry with a maximum 45-degree Celcius, and winters are very cold with snowfall and -30 degrees Celsius.|
|Time Difference||India is 2 hours and 30 minutes ahead of the capital of Russia, Moscow.|