MBBS in Ukraine is the foremost option for Indian students to pursue low-cost medical education without suffering costly education in India.
Ukraine encompasses many of Government Medical Universities that offers MBBS, MD and other degrees in medicine at affordable fee structure. The main era of studying MBBS in Ukraine is that to make the students familiar with theoretical and practical knowledge in Medicine.
After completing MBBS in Ukraine, students are awarded the degree as “MD Physician”. The degree is equivalent to MBBS in India as per Medical Council of India (MCI). There are more than 65000 international students from 147 countries are admitted for the Medicine course in Ukraine.
Cost of studying MBBS course for resident and nonresident candidates is very low. The students are not required to give any entrance test for taking a admission in Medical University of Ukraine. There are plenty job opportunities are available in Ukraine for MBBS doctors. They get paid high with lucrative salary package.
The Medical Education in Ukraine is globally accepted having affordable tuition fee and world class education system. The duration of the course is about 6 years including a 1-year internship.
Complete information about MBBS in Ukraine
MBBS in Ukraine - Quick Highlights
This table below shows the important highlights of the MBBS course in Ukraine:
|Last Date to Apply||June, 2020|
|Basic Eligibility||50% in PCB for General Category
40% in PCB for SC/ST/OBC
|NEET Entrance Test||Yes, it is Compulsory|
|IELTS & TOEFL||Not required|
|Minimum Course Fee||$ 4,500 USD/Year|
|Maximum Course Fee||$ 7,000 USD/Year|
|Cost of Living in Ukraine||$ 150 USD/Month|
|Course Duration||5+1 Year Internship|
|Medium of Education||English Language|
|Universities Recognition||MCI & WHO accredited|
|Top Medical University||Bogomolets National Medical University|
Apply today for Free
Most Important Benefits of Studying MBBS in Ukraine
The advantages of studying MBBS in Ukraine are explained below:
The world ranking of the Universities in Ukraine for the MBBS course is almost high in every field. Here, we, At Select Your University listed some of the benefits of studying MBBS course in Ukraine as given below:
- Any donation and capitation feesare not required at the time of admission process.
- World Class Medical Schools.
- Low cost study.
- All best medical colleges in Ukraine are globally recognized(MCI, WHO, & UNESCO).
- Innovative and Bilingual education structure.
- Well organized research and Seminars.
- As MBBS in Ukraine is authorized Worldwide, the extent of employment for MBBS graduate is more.
- Live training.
- Various opportunities are available for participating in international exchange programs, conferences and other scientific projects.
- Safe environment (for religions).
- Quality of education and infrastructurein Ukraine Medical College is good.
- The Candidate is presented as European Union Standard while study in the Ukraine.
- IELTS & TOEFLas a background is not compulsory for MBBS in Ukraine.
Indian Students in Ukraine Sent by - (SYU)
These pictures of our happy students in Ukraine tell the story of their satisfaction.
MBBS in Ukraine - Fee Structure 2020-21
The fee structure for MBBS course in Ukraine is very much affordable These are the top MCI approved medical universities of Ukraine. More than 10,000 Indian students have successfully taken admission to these universities:
|Name of the University||Tuition Fees/Year||Hostel Fees/Year||
|Bogomolets National Medical University||Rs. 3,15,000||Rs. 67,200||
|Bukovinian State Medical University||Rs. 2,82,000||Rs. 40,000||
|Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University||Rs. 4,20,000||Rs. 40,000||
|Dnipropetrovsk State Medical Academy||Rs.2,94,840||Rs. 1,05,000||
|Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University||Rs. 2,80,000||Rs. 40,000||
|Kharkiv National Medical University||Rs. 3,30,000||Rs. 40,000||
|Kyiv Medical University||Rs. 4,02,000||Rs. 40,000||
|Petro Mohyla Black Sea National University||Rs. 2,59,000||Rs. 70,000||
|Lugansk State Medical University||Rs.2,80,000||Rs. 56,000||
|Odessa National Medical University||Rs.4,20,000||Rs. 1,05,000||
|Ternopil State Medical University||Rs.3,08,000||Rs. 40,000||
|Uzhhorod National Medical University||Rs.2,45,000||Rs. 59,500||
|Zaporozhye State Medical University||Rs. 2,52,000||Rs. 60,000||
|Vinnitsa National Medical University||Rs.3,50,000||Rs. 70,000||
|Poltava State Medical University||Rs.2,66,000||Rs. 21,000||
|V.N.Karazin Kharkiv National Medical University||Rs.3,85,468||Rs. 71,383||
|Taras Shevchenko National University||Rs. 2,59,000||Rs. 1,96,000||
|Sumy State University||Rs. 3,01,000||Rs. 70,000||
Note: 1$= Rs.70
Restaurant for Indian Students - Provided by Select Your University
There is a restaurant provided for Indian students near the university campus:
“Select Your University” recommends the student to have a precious dine in “Rubino Indian Restaurant”. “Rubino” is the one of the best Indian Restaurant provided by us for a sake of Indian students who were studying in abroad. All Indian and Regional Food, including Indian and South dishes, Punjabi and Gujarati Thali, is served in Rubino Restaurant. Let’s have a look on Rubino’s Insights:
MBBS in Ukraine Eligibility for Indian Students 2020
All the Indian students have to fulfill these criteria to take admission for MBBS degree in medical universities of Ukraine:
- The age of the students should be 18 yearson or before 31st December, of the year of admission to MBBS course.
- The student must have completed class 12thfrom any regular board.
- The student must have an aggregate of at least 50% in PCB, if the student is from general category and at least 40% in PCB, if the student is from SC/ST/OBC.
- The candidate should have to clear NEET entrance testfollowed by Medical Council of India.
Step by Step Admission Process to Study MBBS in Ukraine
Students have to follow these simple steps for admission to Ukraine’s medical universities for the MBBS course:
- The procedure of taking MBBS admission in Ukraine has become very easy and simple. Exams like IELTSand TOEFL are not required for the students to study MBBS in Ukraine.
Step 1: Fill up the registration/Application form.
Step 2: Scan all the copies of your passport and other related documents should be submitted to the prospective universities via online admission portal.
Step 3: The candidate received the confirmation/offer letter from the university through their online admission portal.
Step 4: Once the MBBS admission is confirmed, the immigration procedure will begin.
Step 5: After you get the invitation letter, please visit the Embassy of Ukraine in Delhi.
Details required while filing application form for the MBBS Course:
- Date & Place of Birth
- Name, Surname
- Passport Number
- Passport Validity
- Permanent Address
- Phone Number, Email Address
Ukraine Visa Procedure
For taking admission to MBBS course from Ukraine and complete the medical degree there, students need to have a Ukraine student visa:
- For applying for a student visa to take admission in Ukraine for an MBBS degree, students need to have an invitation letter from a particular university.
- Students can get the invitation letter from their respective universities if their admission is confirmed.
- This invitation letter is very much important for applying for the students visa.
- Students are advised to fill the application form of student visa and submit at the Ukraine Embassy.
- The Ukrainian Embassy accepts students visa application and issues the students visa in July and August, so students need to apply for the admission and get their invitation letters before this time period.
Documents Required to Obtain a Ukraine Student Visa
To get the students visa fill the simple application form and have these documents ready:
- Filled Students Visa Application Form.
- Students need to have the original international passport. The passport must have at least one year’s validity.
- Original Invitation Letter from a particular university.
- Birth Certificate (this should be translated into Ukrainian language and legalized by Notary Public & Ukraine Embassy.)
- Original HSC, SSC, marksheets and leaving certificates. These certificates need to be translated into Ukrainian language and legalized by Notary Public and Ukraine Embassy.
- Latest Medical Certificate which is issued within one month of visa application. This certificate must be legalized by Health Ministry. Apart from legalization from the Health Ministry it is also legalized by Notary Public & Ukraine Embassy. It should be translated into Ukrainian language.
- HIV-AIDS report. This should be a negative certificate and must be legalized by the Health Ministry. This should also be translated into Ukrainian Language and Legalized by Notary Public or Ukraine Embassy.
- Health insurance.
- Travel insurance should be covering one year period or traveling period.
- Students need to submit the sponsorship letter from their parents, guardian, or from the person who is going to pay for their education and stay.
- Student's, parent's bank statement to prove the financial ability of getting education abroad.
- 12 pictures 3*4 cm (Passport size).
- To and Fro air ticket valid for one year (two-way ticket).
MBBS in Ukraine - Intake 2020
Important dates to remember for admission to MBBS in Ukraine:
|Application Start Date||June 2020|
|Invitation Letter||Within 2 weeks from application|
|Admission Start Date||August 2020|
|Last Date of Admission||November 2020|
Duration of Studying MBBS in Ukraine
The duration of studying MBBS in Ukraine is of 6 years:
The course duration in Ukraine for MBBS includes 5 years of course and 1 year of an internship program.
The medium of teaching while studying MBBS in Ukraine
Ukrainian medical universities follow 3 mediums
In Ukraine, the teaching medium in medical universities is in the English medium as well as in the Ukrainian or Russian medium. Foreign students can choose the English medium teaching course for their convenience.
Medical Universities in Ukraine Recognized by:
Ranking of Best Ukrainian Medical Universities
The top MCI approved medical universities and their rankings are as below:
|Name of the University||World Ranking||Country Ranking (Ukraine)|
|Bogomolets National Medical University||6331||50|
|Vinnitsa National Medical University||7089||71|
|Dnipropetrovsk State Medical University||7882||96|
|Zaporozhye State Medical University||6727||63|
|Odessa National Medical University||8848||116|
|Kharkiv National Medical University||7723||88|
|Donetsk National Medical University||11566||167|
|Ternopil National Medical University||4653||15|
|Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University||7917||97|
Note: According www.4icu.org, which publishes the 2019 Ukrainian University Rankings of 171 recognized Ukrainian higher-education institutions meeting some certain selection criteria.
Courses Offered by the Ukrainian Medical Universities
Bachelor of Dental Surgery
Syllabus of MBBS in Ukraine (Year Wise)
Following are the subjects that are covered in MBBS course syllabus in Ukraine
1st Year - MBBS Syllabus (Semester 1 & 2)
|Medical Biology||36 hours||72 hours|
|Histology||58 hours||126 hours|
|Human Anatomy||54 hours||246 hours|
|History of Medicine||18 hours||18 hours|
|Chemistry||36 hours||84 hours|
|Biophysics||36 hours||72 hours|
|History of Ukraine||18 hours||36 hours|
|Politology||26 hours||18 hours|
|Psychology and Pedagogics||18 hours||18 hours|
|Russian Language||160 hours||18 hours|
2nd Year & 3rd Year - MBBS Syllabus (Semester 3, 4, 5 & 6)
|Medical Cybernetics||16 hours||36 hours|
|General Surgery||20 hours||40 hours|
|Biochemistry||60 hours||120 hours|
|Sociology||18 hours||18 hours|
|Economics||14 hours||32 hours|
|Normal Physiology||80 hours||160 hours|
|Microbiology||54 hours||126 hours|
|Pathological Anatomy||72 hours||90 hours|
|Pharmacology||72 hours||90 hours|
|Pathological Physiology||36 hours||90 hours|
|Radial Therapy||36 hours||72 hours|
|Diagnostics||36 hours||72 hours|
|Operative Surgery||36 hours||84 hours|
|General Hygiene||36 hours||82 hours|
|General Surgery||38 hours||104 hours|
|Propaedeutic of Children Diseases||58 hours||144 hours|
|Propaedeutics of Internal Diseases||58 hours||144 hours|
4th Year - MBBS Syllabus (Semester 7 & 8 )
|Social Medicine||36 hours||76 hours|
|General Hygiene||36 hours||54 hours|
|Basics of Dentistry||-||18 hours|
|Obstetrics||36 hours||90 hours|
|Psychiatry and Narcology||36 hours||90 hours|
|Outpatient Care||14 hours||32 hours|
|Sports Medicine||18 hours||42 hours|
|Dermatovenerol Diseases||24 hours||32 hours|
|Faculty Pediatrics||36 hours||72 hours|
|Nervous Diseases||36 hours||76 hours|
|Radiative Medicine||12 hours||24 hours|
|Physiatrics||18 hours||36 hours|
|Endocrinology||18 hours||36 hours|
|Faculty Therapy||40 hours||94 hours|
|Neurosurgery||12 hours||24 hours|
5th Year - MBBS Syllabus (Semester 9 & 10 )
|Ophthalmology||18 hours||42 hours|
|Urology||18 hours||42 hours|
|Otorhinolaryngology||18 hours||30 hours|
|Hospital Therapy||42 hours||81 hours|
|Clinical Genetics||12 hours||24 hours|
|Clinical Genetics||12 hours||24 hours|
|External and Military Medicine||2 hours||24 hours|
|Occupational Diseases||18 hours||36 hours|
|Traumatology and Orthopaedics||18 hours||42 hours|
|Gynecology||18 hours||36 hours|
|Hospital Surgery||36 hours||82 hours|
|Children Surgery||36 hours||36 hours|
|Infectious & Tropical Diseases||42 hours||72 hours|
|Epidemiology||12 hours||36 hours|
|Oncology||12 hours||48 hours|
|Forensic Medicine||20 hours||36 hours|
6th Year (Semester 11 & 12)
|Clinical Immunology||54 hours||28 hours|
|Hygiene||52 hours||36 hours|
|Outpatient Care||81 hours||45 hours|
|Organisation of Health Protection||48 hours||-|
|Infectious Diseases||108 hours||-|
|Internal Diseases||242 hours||-|
|Children Diseases||72 hours||-|
|Clinical Pharmacology||36hours||18 hours|
|Oncology||40 hours||36 hours|
|Children Surgery||38 hours||-|
|Gynecology and Obstetrics||180 hours||90 hours|
|Physiatry||72 hours||36 hours|
|Surgical Diseases||126 hours||160 hours|
Thus, once the student will clear all the semesters then he/she will be eligible for the paid internship.
USMLE after Completing MBBS from Ukraine
USMLE is a screening test for pursuing a career in the USA:
After completing MBBS from Ukraine, medical graduates can pursue their medical careers in the USA. For this purpose, students need to qualify for the licensing examination i.e. USMLE.
USMLE is the United States Medical Licensing Examination conducted for medical graduates who want to start their medical careers in the United States of America.
The passing ratio of the USMLE exam of Ukraine country is more compare to all other countries. Since the medical universities in Ukraine offer quality education to medical students.
USMLE is the 3-step medical licensing examination which allows the medical graduates to study medicine abroad. The exam is conducted by the National Board of Medical Examiners (NBME) & the Federation of State Medical Board (FSMB).
USMLE Exam Dates (2020)
|USMLE Exam||Eligibility Period||Exam fees|
|Step I||October 1, 2020- December 31, 2020||Rs.66,634|
|Step II||January 1, 2020 (3 months)||Rs.1.12 lakhs|
|Step III||3 months||Rs. 62,026|
The USMLE exam not only deals with knowledge of medicine also evaluates the practical skill of the student.
The exam is conducted in the following three steps:
It is the computer-based examination with the time of 8 hours having a total number of 280 multiple-choice questions. The exam pattern consists of a basic principle of science, anatomy, pathology, microbiology, physiology, pharmacology, immunology.
- Clinical knowledge
The exam evaluates knowledge of medicine and understanding of clinical science which provides provision for patient-care operation.
- Clinical Skills
The exam evaluates the clinical skills of medical students in the following areas:
- Information Gathering
- Making of decisions
- Supporting the emotions of the patient
- Information provision
- Enabling patient behaviors
It is the computer-based examination with 500 multiple choice questions which evaluates medical student ability to assess physical exam information, selection of initial therapies, order diagnostic tests and management of patients.
MBBS Internship in Ukraine
This is the timetable for internship in Ukraine:
|Medicine||One and half month|
|Surgery||One and half month|
|Obstetrics and Gynaecology||1 Months|
Career Options: After Completing MBBS in Ukraine
After completing the MBBS course in Ukraine, students can choose from the following options as a career
- Once the students completing the medical degree from Ukraine, the Indian students can sit for MCI screening test which is known as FMGE exam.
- Also, he/she can go with a post graduation course from the USA, UK, Canada & any other European countries.
- Foreign Medical Graduates Examination(FMGE) exam in India: It is a licensure examination conducted annually twice in a year (June and December) & directed by the National Board of Examination (NBE) in India.
Hostel & Accomodation Facilities During MBBS in Ukraine
During the MBBS course in the medical universities of Ukraine, students get wonderful accommodation facilities.
- There are hostels for foreign students in every university.
- The hostels are provided with all the important facilities and amenities. There are sharing rooms.
- Few universities even provide air conditioned rooms.
- All the rooms are provided with beds, bed sheets, blankets, pillows, tables, and chairs.
- There are common kitchen rooms for cooking Indian food. The students are provided with washing machines and an Indian mess.
- The hostel fees for university accommodations vary but it is affordable.
The Education System in Ukraine
The education system for MBBS course in Ukraine follows the credit pattern:
- The course years of an MBBS degree are divided into semester patterns.
- There are 2 semesters every year.
- The 5 years are of the lectures and practicals including independent work hours, while the 6th year consists of the internship.
- The clinical work starts from the third year of MBBS degree.
PG Options after MBBS in Ukraine
Students can choose from several PG options after completing MBBS from Ukrainian universities:
- Since the MBBS degree from recognized universities from Ukraine has worldwide recognition, students can opt from options like doing PG or starting a career right away as a surgeon or anything else.
- Doing PG after MBBS from Ukraine is one of the options that students can choose. Students can choose to do PG anywhere just like they choose to do MBBS abroad.
- They can choose to do PG in India, the USA, Ukraine or any other country. To pursue PG in any country, students have to clear the respective entrance exam/screening test of that country/university. So there are many options to do PG after completing MBBS in Ukraine.
Vacation During MBBS in Ukraine
There are 2 vacations during MBBS course in Ukraine:
- While studying your MBBS course in Ukrainian medical universities, students get vacations 2 times a year.
- Summer vacations are for 2 months. It lasts for July and August months.
- Winter vacations are for 2 weeks. It starts at the end of January month to the first week of February.
MBBS in Ukraine - Age Limit
Indian students need to fulfill age limit criteria for doing MBBS in Ukraine:
- Students need to be at least 17 years old on or before 31st December of the year of admission.
- The age of students willing to take admission to the MBBS course in Ukraine should not exceed 25 years.
How Safe is Ukraine for Indian Students?
Ukraine is one of the safest countries for Indian students:
According to the UL safety index, Ukraine holds 106th rank in safety index. It is a safe country for Indian students. There has been no harm to any Indian student and the campus environment is a friendly one. There are a lot of students coming from several countries.
Ukraine is primarily known for a country providing quality Medical Education. It has an area of 6,03,628 km, making it the largest country entirely within the European continent. Ukraine has substantial, fertile farmlands, and it remains one of the world’s largest grain exporters. It is named as the global breadbasket of Europe. The diversified and developed economy of Ukraine includes a large heavy industry sector, particularly in industrial equipment and aerospace.
Ukraine is a peaceful country where foreign students can feel safety and security. Ukraine is the 44th largest country in the world with total population of over 40 million. The currency in Ukraine known as Hryvnia (UAH) & its official language is Ukrainian. Mostly, the landscape of Ukraine consists of plains and plateaus, only the Carpathian mountains in the west reach 2,061m (6,760 ft.) at Mount Hoverla (Hora Hoverla), the highest mountain in the country.
|Exchange Rate (as of January 2020)||1 Hryvnia = 3 INR (approx)|
|Climate||Winter: -4 to -8 degrees Celsius
Summer: 22 to 25 degrees Celsius
|Time Difference||3 hours 30 minutes
India is ahead in time with Ukraine.
The country of Ukraine experience cold and chilled weather most of the time where the minimum temperatures on an average range between -4 degrees to -8 degree.
In the month of January, most of the cities witness extreme cold climate. During the summer time, the maximum temperatures range between 22-25 degree centigrade which is actually a very favorable weather for the Indians who are studying or working there.
Time difference between Ukraine & India
However, the center of India is ahead from the center of Ukraine by 2.30 Hours.