The most rewarding and respectable profession in a country like ‘India’ is the medical profession. For Indian medical aspirants, studying MBBS in Armenia can be the best option. Students can get anything they wish for in their medical university of Armenia.
Modern infrastructure, well-equipped laboratories, Low MBBS course fee, good clinical exposure, quality medical education, these are some factors which attract thousands of students to do MBBS in Armenia.
Also, a student does not need to opt for any kind of entrance exam to get admission in a top medical university in Armenia. The classes for MBBS are conducted in the English language in Armenia. Equivalent to an MBBS degree in India, the medical universities in Armenia offer an ‘MD’ degree to Indian students.
MBBS in Armenia - At a Glance
Degree offered MD (Equivalent to MBBS in India)
Duration for MBBS in Armenia 5 + 1 Years (internship)
Medium of Instruction English
NEET Exam Required with qualifying marks
Minimum Tuition Fees Rs.1.75 lakhs/year
Maximum Tuition Fees Rs.2.80 lakhs/year
Basic Eligibility 10+2 (Science) with 50% for Generalcategory and 40% for SC/ST category
Top Medical University The University of Traditional Medicine,Yerevan Haybusak University
Recognition of the Medical Universities MCI and WHO and othersWant to Study Abroad?
Why Study MBBS in Armenia?
Check these some of the benefits of studying medicine in Armenia for Indian students:
- Armenian medical certificates are recognized by MCI and WHO
- No TOEFL or IELTS is essential for admission to MBBS program in Armenia
- Lower cost of living in Armenia
- One of the safest countries in Europe for worry-free education
- Good proximity and studying environment
- No Entrance exams needed for admission to MBBS in Armenia
- Good study environment
- Highly competitive course fee
MBBS in Armenia - Fee Structure 2020
Name of the University Tuition Fee Hostel Fee Food Charges Full Course Fee
(1st Year) (2nd-5th Year) Per Year Per Year
Yerevan State Medical University $5000 $5000 $1000 $1800 $32800
Mkhitar Gosh Armenian-Russian
International University $2900 $2900 $2000 $1800 $21200
St. Tereza Medical University $5450 $3700 $1000 $1500 $26450
The University of Traditional Medicine $4500 $4500 $1000 $1800 $29800
Yerevan Haybusak University $3800 $3800 $1000 $1800 $25600
Note: $1 = Rs.70
Top of Form
Bottom of Form
Eligibility Criteria for Studying MBBS in Armenia
Below mentioned are the eligibility criteria for MBBS in Armenia in which one should perfectly fit :
- An applicant must have completed 17 years of age on or before 31st December of the year in which the admission is being taken. The maximum age limit is 25 for admission into MBBS. For the reserved class, the upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years.
- The candidate or the applicant must have qualified the NEET exam with the minimum qualifying marks so as to become eligible for admission into a medical university in Armenia.
- The applicant must have cleared 10+2 exam with a minimum of 50% marks in Physics, Biology, and Chemistry for general category and 40% marks for reserved category.
- The applicant must be an Indian national to become eligible for MBBS admission in Armenia.
Admission Process for Studying MBBS in Armenia
The admission process for applying for the MBBS course in any medical university in Armenia is very simple and easy to follow.
- Step 1: The application form has to be filled correctly without any mistakes.
- Step 2: Then the applicant should send the filled application form to the respective university directly. If a student has filled the form offline then he can send it to the respective university with all the necessary documents required.
- Step 3: Once the university receives the application form, the student receives an offer letter or acceptance letter from that university.
- Step 4: After the admission is confirmed, the student will need to pay the admission fee.
- Step 5: Once a student gets printed admission receipt, he or she should apply for the visa through the Armenian embassy along with necessary documents.
- Step 6: After all the checkings and interviews are over, the applicant will receive his/her visa.
- Step 7: Once a student completes all the proceedings regarding admission to the Armenian medical university, he/she can book their flight tickets to Armenia.
Documents Required to Study MBBS in Armenia
For pursuing MBBS in Armenia, students must possess the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae (Resume) and the duly filled Application Form
- Passing certificates and marks sheets of Class X & XII which are duly attested.
- All academic credentials to be duly attested and notarized.
- A certificate that shows the nationality of the student along with the name, address, contact number, and the notarized birth certificate.
- Twelve recent passport size photographs on a white background.
- Processing fees which include the counseling & other charges also along with the processing fees.
- The bank receipt for the payment of tuition fees for the first year.
- Three photocopies of Passport which are duly attested and notarized with the original passport.
- A medical certificate certifying that a student is medically fit which should have HIV report also.
List of Top 5 MCI Recognized Medical Colleges in Armenia
Following are some of the best MBBS universities in Armenia:
- Yerevan State Medical University
- Mkhitar Gosh Armenian-Russian International University
- Tereza Medical University
- The University of Traditional Medicine
- Yerevan Haybusak University
More Benefits of Studying Medicine in Armenia
Armenia has many medical colleges that have been ranked high in the world ranking status. Below mentioned are some of the advantages of studying MBBS in Armenia:
- The medical universities in Armenia offer best quality MBBS education at the lowest cost.
- The awarded degrees are recognized and approved by MCI (Medical Council of India ) and the WHO (World Health Organization).
- The study environment at MBBS universities in Armeniais engaging and peaceful.
- The Armenian Medical Degrees are valid across the globe and hence, students can study MBBS in Armeniawithout any worries.
- The MBBS programs in most of the universities in Armenia are of 6 years except a few where the course duration is 5 years.
- No TOEFL or IELTS or any other language test is essential for admission to the MBBS program in Armenian Medical Universities.
- Students do not need to pay any kind of donation or capitation fee to study MBBS in Armenia.
- The medium of communication and the medium of teaching for MBBS studies is English. The reason being it is easy for the students to understand and communicate with roommates, classmates, hostel mates, teachers, and others.
- Students who return to India after completing the MBBS studies from Armenian Universities will be eligible to practice in India after they clear the licensing examination.
- The living cost in Armeniais really affordable for Indian and other international students.
- No entrance exam is required for admission to MBBS course in Armenian medical university.
- Most of the medical universities in Armenia use all the modern and latest equipment in their hospitals to engage students with the best medical practices followed worldwide.
Course Duration of Studying MBBS in Armenia
- The total duration of the MBBS course in an Armenian medical universityis 6 years which includes 5 years of classroom training and 1 year of practical training in a hospital affiliated to the university.
- In this program of 6 years of MBBS study, the internship cycle is included.
- In the case of students who choose to study medicine in Armenian, another year gets added to the course curriculum which makes the course duration 7 years.
Complete Syllabus for Studying MBBS in Armenia
- For Indian students, Armenia can be the best option to study MBBS.
- There are a number of MCI approved medical universities in Armeniathat offer quality education.
- The MBBS universities in Armeniaare recognized by international bodies like UNESCO, MCI, and WHO too.
- Another advantage is that these universities offer MBBS education in Armenia at a low cost for Indian and other international students.
The syllabus for studying MBBS course in Armenia is as follows:
Semester 1-2 (Pre-clinical) : Physiology, Anatomy, and Biochemistry
Semester 3-5 (Para-clinical): Pathology, Pharmacology, Community medicine, Forensic medicine,
Microbiology, Clinical postings, OPDs.
Semester 6-9 (Clinical) : Obstetrics and Gynecology, Pediatrics, Surgery, and allied subjects,
Community Medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology)
Students who complete MBBS from Armenia have a very bright career ahead. The degree is globally recognized and has global importance. Students after completing MBBS from Armenia have following options:Career after MBBS in Armenia
Medical Practice in Armenia
Students can settle in Armenia after receiving MBBS degree from medical university in Armenia. Students can either practice in Armenia or can opt for post graduation in medicine. According to many students, medical practice in Armenia is a rewarding career.
Returning back to India for practice
Indian students can come back to India to practice medicine after studying MBBS course from Armenia. For this, they will need to clear the EXIT exam and fulfill the eligibility criteria for the same.
Course in Hospital Management
Students who study MBBS course in Armenia can also go for hospital management courses. Hospital management is a fast growing career nowadays. This course has good scope.
MBBS graduates can go for licensing exam conducted in the USA which is known as USMLE (United States Medical Licensing Examination)
Post Graduation in Germany
Once students complete MBBS from Armenia, they can also go for MD in Germany. The degree received from Germany will be valid in India also.
- Armenia is situated at a cultural, religious, and historical intersection and located at the crossroads between Europe and Asia, in the southern Transcaucasus.
- Armenia has borders with Turkey to the west and south, Georgia to the north, with Azerbaijan to the east and southwest, and with Iran to the south.
- Tourists find over 4,000 historical monuments throughout Armenia, covering various periods of the country's history from the early to medieval Christian era, and from prehistoric to Hellenistic times.
- Armenia consists of 97% of the population today which are Christians and the remaining small percentage is made up of different ethnic minorities such as the Yazidis, Ukranians, Kurds, Russians, and more. Armenia consists of one of the most beautiful churches in the world.
- The climate of Armenia is dry and continental. Summer, in Armenia, is long and hot, with the average June and August temperature in the plain being 25° C. Winter is generally not cold where the average January temperature in the plain and foothills is about −5° C, whereas in the mountains it drops to −12° C.
- According to 2011 census, Armenia’s population is 28, 71, 509.
- The largest city of Armenia is ‘Yerevan’ which is also the capital city of Armenia.
- The country Armenia has an area of 29,743 km² and hence Armenia is just slightly smaller than Belgium.