USA Immigration

  • Alt
  • Alt

While there are about 185 different types of visas, there are two main categories of U.S. visas: Nonimmigrant visa - for temporary visits such as for tourism, business, work, visiting family, or studying. Immigrant visa - for people to immigrate to the United States

While there are about 185 different types of visas, there are two main categories of U.S. Visas:

  • Non immigrant visa - for temporary visits such as for tourism, business, work, visiting family, or studying.
  • Immigrant visa - for people to immigrate to the United States.

How to Apply

  • Pay the visa application fee.
  • Complete the Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application (DS-160) form.
  • Schedule your appointment on this web page. You will need three pieces of information in order to schedule your appointment:
  • Visit the U.S. Embassy/Consulate on the date and time of your visa interview.
  • The L-1B visa processing time is similar to the other L-1 visa category. This means that after your employer files the petition and you apply, it will take approximately 3 to 4 months for USCIS and the U.S Embassy to get back to you with a response

Purpose of Travel to U.S. and Nonimmigrant Visas                  Visa Type
Temporary workers - seasonal agricultural                                      H-2A
Temporary workers - nonagricultural                                               H-2B
Tourism, vacation, pleasure visitors                                                B-2
Training in a program not primarily for employment                       H-3

The two main types of visas are immigrant (permanent residency) visas (also known as green cards), which let you live and work indefinitely IN Side the U.S., and non-immigrant visas, which allow you to live and/or work in the U.S. on a temporary basis.

The maximum duration of stay on a B1/B2 visa is 6 months. Your visa can expire while you are still in the U.S. - just ensure that you do not overstay the period permitted by the Immigration Officer! Q: I have 10 years multiple entry visitors visa.

Certain international travelers may be eligible to travel to the United States without avisa if they meet the requirements for visa-free travel. ... (Note: U.S. citizens don'tneed a U.S. visa for travel, but when planning travel abroad may need a visaissued by the embassy of the country they wish to visit.

you can convert your B1/B2 tourist visa to work visa if 1. ... You did not enter the US with a visa waiver (ESTA visa) 4. You have an employer who is offering you a professional job position.Jan 3, 2011

A foreign citizen seeking to immigrate generally must be sponsored by a U.S.citizen or lawful permanent resident immediate relative(s), or prospective U.S.employer, and have an approved petition before applying for an immigrant visa

B1 Visa. US government offers B visa to foreign citizens who want to visit the USfor business reasons on a temporary basis. Generally B visas are provided in two categories B1 and B2 visas and are issued together. B1 visa is for business and B2 is for pleasure.

The cost for a temporary non-immigrant visa to the United States is around $260, according to the US travel department. If you are coming in as a temporary employee or a religious worker, the fee may be slightly higher.

For those who want to permanently stay in the United States, the process can be a lot harder. The easiest way would be to have an adult family member who is a U.S. citizen or permanent resident sponsor you. The nature of your relationship with your sponsor will be taken in consideration, as spouses and children have a better chance of being admitted than siblings or cousins if unsure of procedure you can get immigration attorney to process for you.

Permanent Workers

Approximately 140,000 immigrant visas are available each fiscal year for aliens (and their spouses and children) who seek to immigrate based on their job skills. If you have the right combination of skills, education, and/or work experience and are otherwise eligible, you may be able to live permanently in the United States. The five employment-based immigrant visa preferences (categories) are listed below.

Labor Certification

Some immigrant visa preferences require you to already have a job offer from a U.S. employer. This employer will be considered your sponsor. For some visa categories, before the U.S. employer can submit an immigration petition to USCIS, the employer must obtain an approved labor certification from the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL). The DOL labor certification verifies:

  • There are insufficient available, qualified, and willing U.S. workers to fill the position being offered at the prevailing wage
  • Hiring a foreign worker will not adversely affect the wages and working conditions of similarly employed U.S. workers

If an individual is not a citizen or a lawful permanent resident of the United Statesthey will need a permit to work, officially known as an Employment Authorization Document (EAD), to prove eligibility to work in the U.S. It is the responsibility of both parties to show and require proof of legal employment status.

For more information please email or submit your query online.