MEDICINE IN AUSTRALIA
Australia is one of the most the most popular study destinations for international students, along with the USA and UK. Home to the world’s eight most popular universities, Australian Tertiary education comprises vocational colleges and universities, with 22,000 courses on offer for foreign students. The quality of education, they variety of options available and the option to work while you study are just some of the reasons why Indians prefer to study in Australia.
Medical universities in Australia have dynamic practical sessions with the traditional education system that enhances the learning environment of medical students in a more prominent way. The country offers a bachelor as well as a master’s degree program for international students with exciting opportunities in the field of medicine
Degree awarded; MD / UCAT required / NEET Qualification Optional
IELTS OR TOEFL OR PTE Required / course Duration is 6 years
Course is recognised all over the world
Following are the top benefits of studying MBBS in Australia:
- MBBS degree from Australia has worldwide recognition.
- The medical universities in Australia offer research and practical oriented education in the course of medicine.
- Australia has a renowned association of medical doctors who work as professors in the universities of Australia.
- There is an ample number of career opportunities after completing MBBS in Australia.
- Australian universities host more than 1 lakh foreign students every year and the number is increasing every year.
Course Duration of MBBS in Australia
The MBBS course duration in Australia is 6 years. The details about the MBBS course durations are discussed below.
- MBBS in Australia lasts for a duration of 6 years.
- There is 1 year of the internship program which is compulsory for each medical student.
- The courses taught in the English language.
- During the course of the study, students are subjected to an advanced training program as conducted by the medical universities of Australia.
Here are the best global universities for clinical medicine in Australia
- University of Queensland Australia.
- Monash University.
- University of Western Australia.
- University of New South Wales.
- University of Adelaide.
- Australian National University.
- University of Newcastle.
- Queensland University
- Bond university
- Flinders University
- Deakin University
- The University of Sydney
- The University of Melbourne
- The Australian National Medical University
- La Trobe university
- Curtin University
- Griffith University
- Western Sydney university
- University of Canberra
- Macquarie University
- University of Tasmania
- University of south Australia
- James Cook university
- Australian Catholic University
- Edith Cowan University
- RMIT University
- Victoria university
- University of Wollongong
- Charles Darwin University
Eligibility Criteria: Applying for MBBS in Australia
Follow the below eligibility criteria for applying MBBS in Australia:
- Applicants must have completed higher secondary education (10+2 level) from the recognized board or university.
- The age of the candidate is a minimum of 17 years.
- Applicants need to clear the IELTS/TOEFL exam with a minimum grade of 7 points.
- The applicant must clear the UMAT test as conducted by the university for international students. We are providing coaching and conducting foundation course in this aspect.
Follow the below documents checklists required for applying MBBS in Australia:
- Copy of 10th Certificate & mark sheets
- Copy of 12th Certificate & mark sheets
- Copy of Bachelor degree certificate (If applicable)
- NEET Score Card
- Birth Certificate
- Leaving Certificate
- UCAT scorecard
- Personal statement
- Bank Statement
- Copy of passports
- Passport-size photographs
- Notre Dame scholarships
- Tasmanian International scholarships
- Sydney achievers scholarships
- Lindsay MC WHA International Scholarships
- Cost of Living ;
- Food / accommodation / Transportation is appx ; A$ 4500-5000 P/A.